عربي

Attawheed Islamic Center (AIC) was established by graduate students from Saudi Arabia attending University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University and registered on June 12, 1995 with the State of Pennsylvania as a non-profit religious organization providing religious services for Muslims residing in the western areas of Pittsburgh and the western suburbs. At the beginning, it attracted mostly Arab speaking patrons. Today, with the continuous grace of Allah , AIC has a truly multinational in origin congregation consisting of immigrants and/or residents of many countries including Algeria, Bangladesh, Bosnia, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, USA, Uzbekistan, Yemen, and others. Our Friday sermon service is attended by about 300 patrons.

 

Since its inception AIC has operated from various rental facilities on Banksville Road. By the grace of Allah , a permanent building located at 401 Washington Avenue, Carnegie, a suburb about 5 miles west of downtown Pittsburgh. First congregational prayer started in the facility on Ramadan 4th, 1432 (Aug 4th, 2011.) This facility includes a 3-Story building with approx. 19,000 SF. The old section was built in 1890 and renovated in 2003, with prayer halls for men and women and a kitchen, all located in the First Floor and an Islamic library in the Second Floor. 

AIC Main Facility

The newer section built in the 1960s with an entrance facing East includes a Banquet Hall in the First floor and an office and classrooms in the Second Floor. The facilities' basement include a kitchen, dining area (under construction), activities area (under construction), and is accessible by a drive-in garage door. AIC also owns a 40 car parking lot paved and lit to the East of the building. The First Floor and the Basement are accessible for the physically challenged through ramps.